What we do
ADS are the leading regional charity specialising in alcohol and drug services, helping people to recover. Founded over 35 years ago we have a rich history and wealth of experience which we draw upon to deliver the best service to all our clients and communities in which we work.
Our aim is to help and change the lives of people affected by drug and alcohol addiction. We do this by offering a diverse range of services throughout the Northwest and beyond including-
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Employment, Education and Training Advice and Support
- Floating Housing Support
- Family support
- Residential Rehabilitation
- In Patient Detoxification Unit
- Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Service
- Alcohol Treatment Requirements
- Volunteer Programmes
- Aftercare and Recovery Services
- Community Alcohol Services
- Service User Involvement
We treat everyone who comes to us an individual, tailoring each treatment package to their particular needs. We employ a variety of methods: abstinence and maintenance programmes, and in the case of alcohol, controlled drinking programmes. All evidence based and we are exploring new methods and approaches all the time.
We work in partnership with a range of statutory and non statutory agencies including PCTs, DAT, DAAT and local authorities.